JUNIOR PRODUCTION + SOURCING MANGER
E.L.V. is an acronym for East London Vintage; ‘East London’ stands for creativity, and ‘Vintage’ evokes sustainable responsibility.
E.L.V. DENIM takes discarded unwanted denim and reuses and reworks this functional fabric into modern and sophisticated styles. Operating from an ideal of zero waste, every piece of denim used in production has zero impact on the environment and gives a second life to a fabric which otherwise would be destined for landfill.The entire collection is manufactured in East London, minimising waste, water and carbon footprint. It only takes 7L of water to create a pair of E.L.V. DENIM jeans, compared to 7000L for your average new pair.
E.L.V. DENIM believes that making conscious choices and being entirely transparent with parties in the supply chain is of the utmost importance to give the consumer a sustainable alternative with jeans that are fit and fair.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Your primary role will be reporting to and working alongside the founder and creative lead in production management. You will be leading all manufacturing stages of each project from production start to deliver with the team overseeing, mentoring and supporting you. Your main tasks will include, but not be limited to:
• Sourcing specific vintage denim from wholesalers and textile sorting facilities in the UK. You will be required to travel weekly/fortnightly/monthly to source this fabric in day trips. You will be required to manage these relationships and find new suppliers with our same ethos.
• Managing the denim to arrive to HQ, manage the washing and grading aspects of the denim to create an easy production line for the team.
• Liaising with our manufacture to book in production and have adequate lead times
• Ordering trims and making sure our freelancer designers and the atelier have everything they need for production
• Quality controlling production once received back at HQ
• Researching into other waste materials that could be of use for projects and trims
• Management of stock
• Assisting in distribution to wholesalers (aiming to hopefully manage this completely!)
•Option for the role to be part-time and full-time dependant on candidate.
Our ideal candidate will be a bright, energetic self starter, with super organisation, numeracy skills and if you sew this is a plus! Whether it is managing multiple spreadsheets, booking appointments or communicating with our suppliers or manufacturers, we are seeking someone who is happy to wear many hats whilst remaining calm and happy under pressure.
Have at least 2+ years experience in a similar role.
Patience should be your middle name and you will thrive off a start-up environment. You will feel comfortable working in a small office environment, initiating new processes and using your initiative to drive these processes forward.
PLEASE APPLY IF YOU ARE:
•Bright, highly driven and have a can-do attitude.
• A natural flair for product and an eye for detail. Extremely organised, (and a bit of a neat freak!)
• Have excellent verbal and written communication with a professional and friendly telephone manner.
• A natural leader and out of the box thinker with great aspirations of growing into senior management of a globally trading organisation.
• Use your initiative to resolve challenges and always look to offer solutions.
• Passionate and take pride in their work.
• Passionate about sustainability, denim and fashion. We want you to bring your own style and flair to our two woman team.
• Have proficient skills in the Microsoft suite and ZeDonk software
Please click the link below and email Executive Creative Lead Hannah with your CV, cover letter and a portfolio of work if you have one. Reference checks will be carried out and only successful candidates will be contacted.